How to Ask Customers How They Found You In Paypal


I came across this very useful post by sassybellewares in the etsy forums, and thought I'd share it here.

Within PayPal, you can set up the payment page that buyers see during checkout so that a question is included asking buyers how they found you. You can then offer 5 responses to choose from (eg etsy search, google, facebook or twitter, word of mouth, other).

That information could be extremely valuable in helping you promote your shop more effectively!

Here are the instructions sassybellewares provided:
1) Login to your PayPal account
2) Under "my account" click "profile"

3) Under "selling preferences" click "custom payment pages", then click "options" and go to "merchant service options"
4) Check "add a customer service survey" and fill in the blanks*

5) Make sure you click "SAVE" before you exit


* I used "How did you find SassyBelleWares" for my question. I thought using my shop name rather than just "us" or "me" might help them remember my shop better for next time.

. . . . . .

SEEING THE RESULTS:
1) Login to Paypal.com
2) You should be on your account page by default, if not click on the "my account" tab
3) Find a recent sale transaction and click on the blue underlined details link.
4) Scroll down and find where it says "payment type:" Right underneath that, it will show your paypal survey question "how did you find..." and the customer's response if the customer filled it out.

That's it! This is so cool and it's a such a great business tool. I was surprised to learn one of my customers found me on facebook considering I only post there on occasion and don't have that many fans.

1 comment: